Hi, there. Are you enjoying your autumn? I've just finished up this jacket.
I made the vest last year.
I wanted to make a bright colour jacket and so I focused on this pattern; Butterick 5958. I used view C. This pattern has the vest and long sleeved jacket patterns. I really recommend this pattern, unfortunately it's out of print now. If you are interested in the pattern, I also recommend Butterick 6169. It's similarly incorporated into the dress and jacket pattern, and the design is similar to Butterick 5958.
A LOT of PINK DUST（>＿<;）
I am allergic to dust...my house
was messy and dusty after making them.
This is the vest version. I used Italian quilted fabric. It reminded me of a truffle milk chocolate and it looked like it smelled sweet. Ha ha. I made the belt, belt loops, and sewed the double opened zipper. I cut the collar parts bigger than the normal patterns, because I thought the big collar would suit the quilted vest. I shortened the length by an inch.
I wanted to use the various length zippers for making my jacket, so I purchased a kind of pliers "Kuikiri" (blue one) from one coin store (100 yen shop). I don't know what the pliers are called in English, sorry.
I have many zippers, but I'm sometimes out of the zippers with necessary length. My neighbourhood crafts shop doesn't have many products but it's too much hassle to go the big crafts shop. However, I wouldn't wait to get a parcel from shopping online. Ummmm...
This time, it was VERY easy to remove zipper teeth and quick to shorten the zippers with new pliers! Terrific discovery! I should have bought them earlier.
When I took these pictures in my neighbourhood shrine a few days ago, I heard the sound of cicadas. Crazy! It's autumn now!
Fabric: Fringe jacket 60" 2 3/8yd, Vest 45" 1 5/8
Total time spent: Fringe jacket 20 hours, Vest 6 hours