New Look 6325 Contrast Color Block Coat



I finished it a week ago. This coat is pretty good for this season.




I used New Look 6325 view C: hooded coat version. I looked for the information about this pattern before making. But It only has two reviews up on Pattern Review and moreover I couldn't find out any photos. Ummmmm
I had two unique, quilted, colored pieces of polyester fabric. I cut a size S. If I will make it with thin fabric, I may choose one size smaller. This pattern envelope call for 2 2/1 yards but I only had 1 1/8 of each. I squeezed the pattern pieces onto these fabrics. 





 It took only 8 hours. I recommend that beginners because this pattern doesn't include lining and buttonholes, so it was very quick to sew. However, I didn't want to show the inside seams, so they are hidden by bias binding.


I like the open collar style, so it has a like big collar! II think this necklace matches these garments. It was made with beads, ribbon and buttons. (I bought them from the crafts shop "La droguerie") . I especially love the dragonfly motif! Why are dragonflies called that? I don't know. However don't you think it's cute name?


I really glad of purchase it! I'm already planning next project of New Look 6325. I'm so excited! I recommend this pattern. 

Fabric: 60" 1 1/8 of each fabric
Total time spent: 8hours


11 comments

  1. You did it so well, Eli! Well done! I like the colour block too. However, I'm sure with other colours, instead of brown, will be much better on you.
    Do you find polyester good for cold weather? I always think polyester is the worst for winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for Mariana! I think so polyester coat is quite cold in the middle of winter. But it's getting warm in Japan. Very early! I don't want to get polyester clothes in mid of summer, Japan is very humid.

      Delete
  2. Another great coat,Eli-love the colour combination.(it looks as though spring has come early in japan this year!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! Yes, it's getting warmer. Cherry blossoms are in bloom in the 1st and 2nd Photo(My husband took them last Sunday). It's a kind of cherry tree, blooms in early spring:)

      Delete
  3. Great colour blocking and fabric choice! The coat goes really well with the boots you are wearing :) Also, it's nice to know how Japan looks right now through your blog. The blossoms in your pics are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Maya-san! Thank you for your sweet comment. I love the style of this coat. I'm glad spring is coming, but I want to make more coats. I'm looking forward to your next project:)))

      Delete
  4. Love the mix of fabrics! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The coat looks comfortable and cool! I agree polyester doesn't provide warmth but good for cool weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jennifer! I really love it:)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your coat looks fabulous. I think your colors are a wonderful neutral palette for fall and spring. I have this pattern and will get to it for the fall. I will line mine and use a wool. But you have made me consider it for some black and grey light weight quilted fabric I have. Your dragonfly necklace is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maureen! I am glad you will make this pattern. I really love it! I think it matches the black and grey fabric too. If you make yours please post on your blog:)))

      Delete