McCall's 7391 Lace Up Denim Dress


Hi, I made a new dress with lace up front.





I thought it's too late to make the denim dress, because hot summer is coming soon! But I purchased a lot of eyelets for making Sara ankle zip leggings by Named clothing and I would like to use them. ( I posted Sara ankle zip leggins review on PatternReview.com)
I chose McCalls 7391. This was the first time that I made a laced up dress. I usually take over 10 hours to make a dress, but it only took 8 hours this time. It took one of the 8 hours to set the eyelets. It was very easy and fun to make it!



I changed the chest pockets design, skirt hemline and front tab...etc. I decorated with the camel stitch using a double needle. In order to highlight the laced-up front, I made it wider and longer than a conventional front. I extend the laced-up front to my upper navel. I thought the bigger laced-up front looks more casual than the normal design.

Can you see that? I avoid exposing my flat breasts, so I added the tab. I wouldn't like to wear a slip or camisole underneath the dress, so the tab helps to hide them.
The skirt length is not so long but the sleeves are too long. I omitted the cuffs.

I love the pattern. It's so great for all seasons and many kind of fabrics. I think this pattern may work with linen for summer. If I could find nice faux swede, I would absolutely make the dress with it for autumn. I will wear the dress until June. June is the rainy season and is SO humid in Japan. I wouldn't wear denim clothing such a season. I especially HATE August. I wish I could move cooler areas during summer. Ha ha. I hope you all are having a great week, see you!


Total time spent: 8hours
Fabrics: 60" 2 5/8

20 comments

  1. I have this pattern, and LOVE it. Very nice - cute, simply and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, stacy! I think so, I love this pattern too:)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the details are so beautiful and well made. Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love this dress and will wear it until end of this month. I would to make Lekala:S6001 for summer:)))

      Delete
  4. This is fab - love the denim and mustard ties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Sue! I am pleased that you like it.
    Ties! I didn't know what this loop called in English. Thanks, I am learning things:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous outfit! I love all the details you added, it suits you so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for praising me! Your comments make me happy:)))

      Delete
  7. Another beautiful garment! I really like all of the changes you made to this pattern. What a great idea adding the panel behind the lacing. It looks very comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tomasa! I agree with you. This box shaped dress is comfortable and make me looks thinner:)))

      Delete
  8. Sarah Webb5/29/2016

    Another hit,Eli! As usual your details are so good.Love the lacing and the topstitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! I was fun to make it, especially set these eyelets:)))

      Delete
  9. J'aimerai bien ca!! Felicitation Eli!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I am pleased:)))

      Delete
  10. This looks fantastic! I love the changes you made, which completely take this outfit to a whole new level of "wow!" Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shirley! New level? Really? I am sooooo happy:)))

      Delete
  11. Very on trend and inspired! I like the shift dress shape too I don't suit 50s shirt dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really love this dress! I would like to make an another one with the same pattern:)

      Delete
  12. Eli ! wonderful ,
    I love how I can dress!
    Both sports and casual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear friend! I am glad that you like it(~▽~@)♪♪♪

      Delete