Named Clothing Faux Suede Jumpsuit


I hadn't sewn a Named Clothing  Pattern for a while. It was love at first sight when I saw this cute jumpsuit. I kept this pattern without using it for a long time. So I looked for a nice fabric. I finally found what I was looking for.


 This pattern is "Ailakki Cross Front Jumpsuit" and spring/summer collection in 2014. This jumpsuit has cross front top with a V-shaped neckline at back, I think it's very unique design. The model in this photo doesn't wear anything under the jumpsuit, but I don't like my chest or belly exposed either.

 I used a soft faux suede. I bought it from a local shop. It matches the design in the pattern. This pattern has four bodice parts. My fabric looked the same on both sides, and I got so confused. I would have to number each pieces.


My normal size is 36. But I cut a size 38 because I will wear it over a sweater. It's a perfect fit!I think one of the most important parts of the pants is the fit of the rise. If it doesn't fit it is difficult to move! In my case, the rise of the pants was too high. I had to take in about 1 inch to fix it. Also, these legs are wider than I expected, so I took about 2 inches out of each leg.

I usually shorten the lengths of pants and skirts but I didn't make any changes this time. This is the 3rd time I used this Named Clothing pattern. I've never shortened the length of Named...Why? (I'm only five four) 



The top is a really useful addition to my wardrobe. I would love to sew it up in a linen in this summer. I have some ideas, peplum top (adding a big flounce to the top), wide-legged jumpsuit and skirt version...etc. I love thinking of new ideas. I definitely sew it again!

Fabric: 60" 2 1/8
Total time spent: 8hours

9 comments

  1. You are right, Eli Cat! The design is very interesting, I love it!
    Should I mention how wonderful you made it (again)?;) Beautiful fitting of the pants and seams looking perfect 💖
    About the length... obviously Named Clothing do their job well and create for real people like you (and me, I'm shorty;)
    Lovely to visit your blog, btw. Very clean and modern design (webdesign wise).

    Wish you lots of inspiration,
    Mariana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad of you like it. Ah, as I thought their length are shorter than other brands, or I'm growing taller? Ha ha.
      I'm not used to use commercial patterns, please share such a information again. I may ask any questions sometime:)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous2/17/2016

    What a pretty Jumpsuit! It looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  3. Again, lovely work! Your alterations really worked, and the pants fit you very well. I love the taupey colour of your fabric a lot. So stylish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maya-san! I'm really glad to hear from you! I love the colour too, it was fun to choose the fabric in my stash. I'm looking forward to your next post:)))

      Delete
  4. Fab! Would you mind me sharing this on Sassy Sewing Bees in the future? I link to your post and let you know when shared. SSB - https://www.facebook.com/SassySewingBees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sassy! Please share this post. I'm glad that you like it :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I will let you know when, on this post. https://www.facebook.com/SassySewingBees

      Delete