New Look 6314 Pull knit and skirt


This is the New Look 6314, pull knit and skirt.



Currently in Japan, matching outfits are in fashion! I wanted to sew like them.


I fell in love with those fabrics (Jacquard knit) at local store. But I couldn't decide which colour to choose.
I used New Look 6314 in my stash, it looks close to what I want to make. I was so excited thinking about this project :)
HUGE!!!!!

I failed ...

Even though I made the smallest size, it was too big for me. I compared it with that my pull knit...everywhere is huge. Especially shoulders are too wide, drop shoulders fell to my upper arms. It looks much better fitting in the picture on the pattern envelope. It was completely different from what I expected.

However I don't want to give up...ummmm.I had to adjust.


 WHEW. I took a gamble and trimmed the all parts!

 
 
I'm glad it worked, they fit perfectly.
I think this top pattern may go well with skinny denim, not with a matching skirt. However I may try it again. I am pleased with the result:)

Fabric: 60" 2 4/3(Top and skirt)
Total time spent: 12hours

8 comments

  1. Lovely set,Eli, the fabric choice is great as always;) - I like the green more on you. Good job on altering it, I also noticed the commercial patterns are always bigger.
    Cheers,
    Mariana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,MARIANA.Thank you for your advice,I agree with you.I was so surprised when it came out huge!If I didn't like the fabric,I would give it up.But I love the end result of it:)

      Delete
  2. It looks great! I like the look of the matching too, it's polished. Yours is so much nicer too because it is handmade. I usually sew one size down from bust measurement for newlook patterns as they sew up too roomy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!I am happy to have you praise me.I think so,especially newlook pattens are big and roomy.I will check mesurments before sewing,next time.

      Delete
  3. This is so cute, thanks for sharing! I love the matching set and its great when you have pieces that can mix and match in your wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for praising me!It took a lot of time to sew the set,but was worth sewing.I want to make another one:)

      Delete
  4. Miranda12/05/2016

    I love it! I have this pattern on my shelf and will try to make mine. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miranda! So happy that hear from you.

      Delete