Butterick 5756 Taffeta Puff Skirt

I  made the big pleated skirt a few weeks ago, used Butterick 5756.



 This is a simple skirt pattern, definitely fast and easy. I truly love the box pleats. I don't like my big bottom, but stitched pleats make me look thinner. I like the effect though!

In Japan, taffeta puff skirts have been in fashion for two years.They are high in price due to using a lot of fabric.I made a skirt inspired by this magazine.You may not see the three parallel lines in this photo clearly, I stitched them.

I used grey cotton taffeta.I can't believe this fabric was such a low price.It was cost only 100JPY per meter (=$1 per 1" 1/8 )! It looks good for the low price, who would have known the real price if I hadn't said anything?
 
Here is the first project of Butterick 5756. I made the Faux leather version last year. It's very useful during rainy or snowy days. I would like to sew this one again with several fabrics.
Total time spent: 5hours

11 comments

  1. Cute!

    I love hearing about fashion trends in Japan. When I visited 5 years ago, all the young women were wearing dark tights with shorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty,Thank you!I agree with you, those style was very popular.I think most Japanese women are sensitive to cold.

      Delete
  2. Really pretty, I love the three lines of stitching and what a great use of a beautiful cotton taffeta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,I love it too:)))

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Both the skirt and you in the skirt. Very stylish. Also like the lines you stitched around the skirt, a fun detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Both the skirt and you in the skirt. Very stylish. Also like the lines you stitched around the skirt, a fun detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!Next time, Please leave your name;)

      Delete
  5. Hello !
    I really love the way this skirt fits you ! I just purchased the pattern, and i will use a nice grey/green cotton with embroidery. It's the 1st time i use a Butterick pattern (at least for adult) ans I was just wondering how does size butterrick's patterns. The waist band seems to fit you perfectly, may i ask you your waist size ? Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ana, thank you for visiting my blog. I cut a size 10, my typical Vogue size. I recommend that you check the waist measurements of the skirt parts after making the pleats or gathers.

      I'd love to see your skirt with embroidery. It's so exciting!

      Delete
  6. Very very nice!
    I want to sew with taffeta fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment, dear my friend!

      Delete