Butterick5848 Drape Dress

I check PatternReview.com before buying patterns.
My attention was engaged by Butterick 5848, but nobody had posted any reviews. I thought, it's not popular? But I bought it on out of print sale.




The dress really looks good on the model. But I thought the length of the dress is too short for me. I can't hold on to straps of trains in a such mini-dress, dangerous!

This is view D. I've made a view A and D, I  lengthened the skirt to knee length. The yokes are combined with a view B. The fabric is a soft tencel jersey that I bought it Japanese online. 
I love the unique long- sleeves, but I got confused because my fabric looked the same on both sides. If I sew it again, I would have to number each pieces well, as some parts look very similar.
 The dress has a lovely drape. I'm looking forward to going out in it.

 I like the style, I wore my new dress that I am quite proud of. 
Here is a cover-up tunic version,view A. 


 

I used a lightweight polyester. I love the this top with slouchy high-low hem and unique sleeves.
Can you see a lot of the hearts? I love the printed fabric I feel it so airy and comfortable to wear for hot summer.

3 comments

  1. very nice! I don't think I could pull off the look, but it looks fabulous on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your lovery comment!I 'm happy!I really like your blog.I am looking forward to your next project:-)

      Delete