Vogue 9260 Lace Lace Lace Jumpsuit

 Hi, friends! I made two Jumpsuits from Vogue 9260 .
Vogue 9260 Jumpsuitpattern
Vogue 9260 JumpsuitpatternVogue 9260 Jumpsuitpattern
HELLLLLP! I have NO space to put away a lot of lace fabrics😣
I want to tidy up my fabric stash but I can't even keep the stash anymore. I especially have too many lace fabrics! I wanted to use them up, so I made this jumpsuit with one of them. I pulled out Vogue 9260 from the 2017 spring/summer collection. My eye was caught by the laced-up front of it. It doesn't require eyelet pliers. I have made some laced-up designed clothes using eyelet pliers but I' ve never tried it like this.

Vogue 9260 JumpsuitpatternVogue 9260 Jumpsuitpattern
Vogue 9260 Jumpsuitpattern
I cut a size 8 and view B. All the instructions were pretty clear. I thought this pattern was designed to be loose-fitted. The sizing is very forgiving. The lace is very sheer, so I was going to add a lining. However, I made black long underpants with thin polyester instead. I didn't make a waist casing because I dislike showing that an elastic belt fits through it. I sewed the black ribbed knit fabric to the parts of the bodice and pants. I shortened the length of the bodice and crotch line by 1 1/2 inches. I really love this idea! It's very easy to take on and off. I don't wear a belt when wearing a jumpsuit because I don't want to be bothered in the bathroom.

Vogue 9260 Jumpsuitpattern
This pattern has side pockets but I didn't make any (to not show through the pockets). The jumpsuit is very airy and light. I usually avoid wearing synthetic clothes in summer but I love it!

Vogue 9260 JumpsuitpatternVogue 9260 Jumpsuitpattern

Hey, look-another version. I made black underpants, so I wanted to make another one. The fabric I used is a unique and lovely knit.



Vogue 9260 JumpsuitpatternVogue 9260 Jumpsuitpattern
I took about a few inches out of each leg. I thought the crotch length was too long, so I shortened it by an inch. I usually shorten the length of the bodice and pants but I didn't make any change this time. If you are taller than me (I am 5' 4"), you might think they are too short.

Vogue 9260 Jumpsuitpattern

Overall, I am happy with both of the jumpsuits! I might sew Vogue 9260 again in the short length with linen. I particularly don't like summer weather. They are very cozy and good for hot weather. If you are looking for a comfortable jumpsuit pattern, I recommend it. I have to stop buying lace fabrics🙀


Fabric: 60" 2 3/4 yd
Total time spent: 12 hours

44 comments

  1. Wow! They are both gorgeous! I remember looking at this pattern and passed because I didn't thought I can make it work! But your versions are just stunning! You look great in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Georgia! I am happy hear from you. I didn't want to get a jumpsuit pattern because I have a loooot of pants patterns. However, I am glad that I purchased it😄

      Delete
  2. You're are working it that lace jumpsuit! I never would have thought to use lace. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tee! I am glad that I made the lace jumpsuit. It's so light and comfortable than I expected.

      Delete
  3. agree with the other comments, I didn't see any potential in this pattern but those are both adorable, I especially like the striped on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Beth! I am glad that you like it😺

      Delete
  4. Both of these are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Teresa😺🎶

      Delete
  5. I like the way you used the different directions of stripes on the second jumpsuit, it makes it so interesting. And the first one is so elegant, you could wear it to some more formal party I think! Black ribbed knit fabric creates a good border between top and bottom parts. Lovely work, as always. *^o^*~~
    I've never made (or even worn) jumpsuits, I always wondered how to remove it while in the bathroom... ちょっと面倒くさいね? *^w^* Also, I always thought that my bum would be you know, clearly seen. But I've been thinking about trying this fashion for some time and maybe I should be more brave to try it, you look great in your jumpsuits! *^o^*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading Joanna! I agree with you, the black ribbed knit really works well. If you have a chance, please make your jumpsuit. I would love to see it(*^^*) I think shirt jumpsuit is the most complicated...it's too much hassle to take it on and off. SUPER 面倒くさい! (;^_^A

      Delete
  6. They are gorgeous! I love both fabrics and you look great on them Eli 😻❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Haha! I am glad that you like them😺🎶

      Delete
  7. Hi Eli. How did you finish the neckline on the lace one? I have a lace dress to make for someone and am concerned about finishing the neckline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  8. Thanks Eli- that's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that second version Eli! Especially those perpendicular stripes <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving your comment, Saki! Very pleased😺🎶

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodness, these are so unique and beautiful. You really have a great sense of style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your compliment, Siobhan! I agree with you, these are unique and comfortable☺

      Delete
  11. GASP - these are both stunning!!!!! So stylish!!! I love the slits in the arms. Both fabrics look great with this pattern and yet so different. You've got an amazing eye for choosing fabric and patterns! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment, Janie! Your comments are always encouraging me! I'm proud of my fabric choice☺

      Delete
  12. Both jumpsuits are just absolutely GORGEOUS! What a beautiful job you did with both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tomasa. I am happy to hear from you. I really love your new dress!

      Delete
  13. Anonymous7/27/2017

    Both are gorgeous, but I absolutely love the lace version! I love the black ribbing at the waist and the black layer underneath. I saw the pattern, but ignored it, now I'm going to take a second look based on your wonderful versions! I can imagine it in linen. I love lace too and have a huge stash. I keep it layered in bins, with tissue between each layer - but it still takes up a lot of room :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! I thought this lace version is too feminine for me but I love it now. I wouldn't have thought to use tissue to keep lace! Fantastic! I am so lazy but I would like to use your idea☺ I will make clothes using lace a lot!

      Delete
  14. It's a brave choice with that lace but it looks very good and unique. I have to say though that my heart goes to the second stripy one, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Maria! I am glad you said that. I love striped version too. I will wear it a lot😁

      Delete
  15. Those are both fantastic! I love your idea to use rib knit for the waist on your lace version -- it does look comfy and still stylish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alli! I am glad that you like my idea! The rib knit is very useful I think. I wore the lace version a few times, it was very comfortable to wear😺

      Delete
  16. Wow, wow, wow! Your sewing keeps me in awe. I wouldn't have ever thought to use the lace like you did and how fabulous it turned out! Everything you make looks couture and would have quite the price tag on it in the store. I love both of the versions you made. Your closet must be overflowing with so many beautiful makes these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Shirley! I am very pleased. To be honest, the lace was VERY cheap. It was around 3$ per yard😁 If you ever come to Japan, please let me know. I would tell you my favorite fabric store🌸

      Delete
  17. Both so very pretty, both quite different. What a way to use up lace fabric - such a good idea. As for fabric stash - it just grows and grows, doesn't it. I have to start using mine up as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your nice comment Sarah! I have many fabric stash too, haha. I am looking forward to seeing your new project☺

      Delete
  18. Both versions are so cute. You continue to amaze me with your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Josephine! I am glad you said that😺

      Delete
  19. Omg! I am so jealous! Both of them look amazing and the fabrics are gorgeous. You really made it work with the lace. I wish I had this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Olivia! I recommend this pattern. It was easy and quick to make. I may make this pattern for the autumn☺

      Delete
  20. Both of them looks fabulous on you, but I especially love the lace jumpsuit! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your nice comment Ellen! Very pleased:)

      Delete
  21. Gorgeous jumpsuits!! Love both versions and each fits you very well! Both fabrics proved to be perfect for this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! I always love your pattern selection.

      Delete